All around the world, men have always been very sensitive about the size of their male genitalia or penis, more than their other body stats. Men have been found more bothered about their penis size as compared to women, as most of them reported being happy about their partner’s penis size.
It has been found that one out of every three men is worried about his penis size, of whom most reported to prefer seeking help from sexologists. Also, one out of ten men has been found to have bought some sort of penis enlargement product online, whether it is a medicinal pill or some sort of device.
Highlights of Global Penis Size Stats
- Globally, the average size of a penis is about 5.3 inches.
- The longest one is 6.9 inches long and is carried by men in Ecuador.
- The least average length is found in Cambodia at only 3.9 inches, which is about 6.1 per cent of the body height.
- Interestingly, a 2020 research on the size of male genitalia found that the average length of an erect penis is between 5.1 inches and 5.5 inches.
- Only 5 out of 100 people would have a penis longer than 6.3 inches.
- Only 5 out of 100 would have a penis shorter than 3.94 inches.
- About 95% of penises do fall into the average range.
Below lies a country-wise list of the size of male genitalia or penis, from all over the world.
Average Penis Size for Men from Different Countries
|Country||Erect length (inches)||Body size||Percentage of height|
|Ecuador||6.9 in||1.67 m||10.54%|
|Cameroon||6.5 in||1.71 m||9.75%|
|Bolivia||6.5 in||1.68 m||9.84%|
|Sudan||6.4 in||1.71 m||9.63%|
|Haiti||6.3 in||1.72 m||9.32%|
|Senegal||6.2 in||1.75 m||9.09%|
|Gambia||6.2 in||1.68 m||9.47%|
|Cuba||6.2 in||1.73 m||9.16%|
|Netherlands||6.2 in||1.84 m||8.65%|
|Zambia||6.2 in||1.67 m||9.45%|
|France||6.2 in||1.78 m||8.83%|
|Angola||6.2 in||1.68 m||9.38%|
|Canada||6.2 in||1.78 m||8.80%|
|Egypt||6.1 in||1.73 m||9.08%|
|Zimbabwe||6.1 in||1.70 m||9.23%|
|Georgia||6.1 in||1.75 m||8.92%|
|Paraguay||6.1 in||1.73 m||8.97%|
|Chad||6 in||1.71 m||9.01%|
|Italy||6 in||1.74 m||8.81%|
|Central African Republic||6 in||1.68 m||9.11%|
|Colombia||6 in||1.71 m||8.91%|
|Ivory Coast||6 in||1.68 m||9.07%|
|Brazil||6 in||1.75 m||8.69%|
|Sweden||5.9 in||1.80 m||8.36%|
|Bulgaria||5.9 in||1.73 m||8.66%|
|Costa Rica||5.9 in||1.74 m||8.64%|
|Honduras||5.9 in||1.69 m||8.87%|
|Hungary||5.9 in||1.76 m||8.50%|
|Mexico||5.8 in||1.70 m||8.78%|
|Denmark||5.8 in||1.82 m||8.19%|
|Argentina||5.8 in||1.74 m||8.54%|
|El Salvador||5.8 in||1.70 m||8.75%|
|Serbia||5.8 in||1.80 m||8.24%|
|Belgium||5.8 in||1.79 m||8.25%|
|Croatia||5.8 in||1.81 m||8.18%|
|Latvia||5.7 in||1.80 m||8.16%|
|Belarus||5.7 in||1.78 m||8.21%|
|Chile||5.7 in||1.73 m||8.46%|
|Austria||5.7 in||1.78 m||8.15%|
|Germany||5.7 in||1.80 m||8.07%|
|Algeria||5.7 in||1.74 m||8.34%|
|Democratic Republic of the Congo||5.7 in||1.68 m||8.64%|
|Australia||5.7 in||1.79 m||8.10%|
|Nigeria||5.6 in||1.70 m||8.47%|
|Switzerland||5.6 in||1.79 m||8.04%|
|Norway||5.6 in||1.80 m||7.95%|
|Poland||5.5 in||1.80 m||7.93%|
|Albania||5.5 in||1.74 m||8.17%|
|Cape Verde||5.5 in||1.75 m||8.04%|
|New Zealand||5.5 in||1.78 m||7.88%|
|North Macedonia||5.5 in||1.76 m||7.95%|
|Ukraine||5.5 in||1.80 m||7.75%|
|Spain||5.4 in||1.76 m||7.88%|
|Finland||5.4 in||1.80 m||7.64%|
|Libya||5.4 in||1.75 m||7.84%|
|Azerbaijan||5.4 in||1.73 m||7.92%|
|India||5.4 in||1.66 m||8.28%|
|Afghanistan||5.3 in||1.68 m||8.16%|
|Israel||5.3 in||1.76 m||7.75%|
|United States of America||5.3 in||1.77 m||7.68%|
|Japan||5.3 in||1.72 m||7.90%|
|Turkmenistan||5.3 in||1.73 m||7.78%|
|Venezuela||5.2 in||1.73 m||7.71%|
|Greece||5.2 in||1.79 m||7.44%|
|Russia||5.2 in||1.76 m||7.50%|
|South Korea||5.1 in||1.75 m||7.52%|
|Armenia||5.1 in||1.73 m||7.59%|
|United Kingdom||5.1 in||1.78 m||7.38%|
|China||5.1 in||1.75 m||7.49%|
|Turkey||5.1 in||1.76 m||7.39%|
|Ireland||5 in||1.79 m||7.16%|
|Mongolia||5 in||1.70 m||7.50%|
|Romania||5 in||1.77 m||7.18%|
|Yemen||5 in||1.63 m||7.81%|
|Taiwan||4.9 in||1.73 m||7.28%|
|Pakistan||4.8 in||1.67 m||7.32%|
|Iran||4.7 in||1.75 m||6.84%|
|Indonesia||4.5 in||1.66 m||7.05%|
|Singapore||4.5 in||1.73 m||6.66%|
|Malaysia||4.5 in||1.68 m||6.82%|
|Vietnam||4.5 in||1.68 m||6.83%|
|Thailand||4.5 in||1.71 m||6.68%|
|Bangladesh||4.4 in||1.65 m||6.81%|
|Hong Kong||4.4 in||1.74 m||6.42%|
|Sri Lanka||4.2 in||1.67 m||6.50%|
|Philippines||4.2 in||1.65 m||6.59%|
|Myanmar||4.2 in||1.66 m||6.45%|
|Cambodia||3.9 in||1.65 m||6.09% |
Should you be worried?
Well, not at all! This is completely one’s personal choice and preference; unless he is getting intimidated by his partner. When erect, the average length or average penis size is around 13 to 18 cm i,e 5 to 7 inches. However, it is completely normal for a penis to be longer or shorter than this measurement.
Popular ways of Increasing the Size of Penis
The following are some of the more popular penis enlargement methods available:
- Penis pumps devices that use suction to draw blood into the penis, engorging the blood vessels in your penis so it gets temporarily harder and bigger.
- Putting on a cock ring can help the blood remain in your penis longer. Both are typically considered safe when used correctly.
- Traction devices or Penile traction devices are most useful for correcting curvatures and deformities of the penis, but they may provide a small, temporary increase in size.
- Stretching exercises like jelqing, use massage to manipulate the tissues and skin of the penis. This creates micro tears, that when healed, look engorged and make the penis bigger and thicker.
- Surgery and hormone treatments are the only options that can achieve a permanent increase in size.
Note: Unless you have a diagnosable condition or your penis measures less than 1.5 inches flaccid or 3 inches erect, most clinicians won’t recommend penis enlargement treatment.