Best Exercises for Penis Health: Top 7 Exercises
With the ever-increasing stress in our daily life, several lifestyle diseases are growing day by day. Although not for all, sexual problems are posing as one of the most prominent lifestyle disorders among men across the globe. So what should you do about it?
First and foremost ask for a thorough diagnosis from an authorized medical practitioner and get to know the actual root cause and nature of your sexual problem. Sexual problems may be related to erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, lack of sexual drive, and flaccid penis. Again, these problems may arise from various physical and psychological reasons. Only a doctor can tell you the nature and exact reason behind the problems that you are facing and the correct treatment or combination of treatments that would be required for you, or you may reverse your condition via some lifestyle corrections.
Talking of lifestyle-induced penile issues, there are certain exercises that can actually help you in providing better health to your penis. Below, you can find out what exercises to do to increase blood flow to the groin.
1. Kegels or Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises
Kegel exercises are maneuvers that target pelvic floor muscles. These pelvic floor muscle exercises help men improve bladder control, but they have other benefits too. Kegels target the bulbocavernosus muscle, which allows the penis to fill with blood and form an erection.
Additionally, Kegel exercises work the pubococcygeus muscle. The weakening of this muscle makes it difficult to prevent blood from flowing out of the engorged or erect penis.
Initially, Kegels or pelvic muscle exercises might seem a bit difficult for some people, but with regular practice, anyone can do them seamlessly.
2. Jelqing Penis Stretching Exercise
In a survey, about 66 percent of men rated their penis as average, and 12 percent said they had a small penis. Fortunately, instead of going through expensive exercises, there are a few exercises, that one may try in the comforts of their home, and help themselves in having better sizes for their penis.
These are the jelqing penis stretching exercises. They help you with increasing the girth of your penis when you’re flaccid and erect, increase the length of your penis when you’re flaccid and erect, and also make your penile erections last longer and harder.
3. Aerobic Exercises
Aerobic exercises or training are known to bring out the best results for men who are suffering from erectile dysfunction. Hence, aerobics or cardio training should be an inevitable part of the fitness regime for men suffering from ED symptoms.
Not only can these exercises help with erectile dysfunction and poor blood flow, but they can also tackle all the factors that increase your risk of developing these problems. Some examples of aerobic exercises include:
- spin classes
A person should keep up their aerobic exercise routine for at least six months. One might combine aerobic exercises with some other activities on alternating days. It is also important to take sufficient rest in between and not to go overboard with straining the muscles beyond what it required.
4. Knee fallouts
Knee fallouts can be one of the best pilates exercises to go for, in order to increase the penis blood flow. These pilates exercises activate the right group of muscles and challenge a person to maintain pelvic floor strength while moving.
Doing these exercises regularly would offer you stronger deep abdominal muscles, improved pelvic floor stability, reduced low back pain, better core strength, and improved blood flow to the genital area. Below are a few simple steps to follow:
- To start with, lie on the ground with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Place both of your arms by your sides.
- Exhale and gradually squeeze the pelvic floor muscles.
- Slowly lower one knee to the ground.
- Inhale and slowly relax the muscles.
- Bend the knee again.
- Repeat the steps by lowering and bending a different knee.
5. Supine foot raises
Supine foot raises are known to increase the strength of abdominal muscles and pelvic floor muscles. In addition to that, they are also good for the muscles in your legs.
This is a very simple exercise, that one may easily do by following the steps as mentioned below:
- Firstly, lie on the ground with arms by your sides, knees bent, and feet flat on the floor
- Breathe out and engage your pelvic floor muscles
- Raise one foot off the ground and stretch it straight
- Breathe in and slowly lower the foot onto the ground and bend the knee
- Repeat the same steps with the other side
The squat is one of the most beneficial exercises you can do to increase blood flow to the groin. As a compound exercise, a squat activates different muscle groups such as the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, groin, calves, and hip flexors.
This exercise can increase blood flow to the groin and pelvic area. So, make sure to include squats and different variations of this popular exercise into your routine. To perform the basic squat, you need to:
- Stand straight with feet hip-width apart
- Bend the knees and push the hips back as if you’re trying to sit on a chair
- Make sure your thighs are parallel to the ground
- Return to the starting position
7. Pelvic curl
Pelvic curl is a popular Pilates exercise, mainly used to warm up abdominal muscles and the spine. This exercise can lengthen hip flexors, strengthen abs and hamstrings, and improve spinal articulation.
Pelvic curls also improve blood flow to the genital area. To perform this simple exercise, you need to:
- Get into the same starting position as for the previous two exercises
- Exhale and engage the pelvis by tilting the pelvic region upward (toward your belly button), but make sure you’re pushing the back against the ground
- Push the heels into the floor and lift the buttocks slowly
- At this point, your body’s weight should be resting on the shoulders
- Take three breaths and squeeze the pelvic floor muscles and the buttocks
- Slowly return to the starting position
This exercise is tricky. Start small and do three to four reps, but aim for ten as you get more practice.
Exercise is essential for maintaining the health of the blood vessels and the heart. Also, people with cardiovascular disease have an increased risk of ED.