Vardenafil 40mg Tablets
Important things about Vardenafil 40 mg Tablets you should know
- Vardenafil is one of the strongest generic medications to treat symptoms of erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence in men.
- It is an FDA-approved safe medication that is often prescribed by numerous physicians across the globe.
- Vardenafil 40 mg tablets contain 40 mg of the salt of Vardenafil, a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, which happens to be its active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
- This medication does not have an effect on PDE6, which means that it does not have adverse effects on one’s vision.
- When taken for addressing symptoms of erectile dysfunction, it is capable of projecting a penile erection of about 8 hours. However, it cannot come into action without enough sexual stimulation.
Different uses of Vardenafil 40 mg Tablets
- As a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, Vardenafil has been proven to have successfully projected a penial erection of 8 hours.
- Vardenafil may also be effective in the treatment of premature ejaculation, where it may significantly delay the occurrence of ejaculation.
The Efficiency of Vardenafil 40 mg Tablets
- It might start to work within about 30 minutes of its ingestion.
- This medication offers a penile erection of about 8 hours.
How to Take Vardenafil 40 mg Tablets?
- A Vardenafil 40 mg tablet should be gulped down as a whole tablet, with a glass of plain water, and should never be broken in halves and taken in intervals, or be dissolved in water, or crushed.
- It should be taken only with plain water and not with coffee, tea, etc.
- It can be taken both with food and without food.
Things to avoid while using Vardenafil 40 mg Tablets
- Foods, supplements, or medicines containing nitric components should be avoided.
- High-fat-containing food items should be avoided.
- Grapes and grape juice should not be taken with this pill.
- It is advised to not consume alcohol or even beverages like tea, coffee, etc with this medication.
Side Effects of Vardenafil 40 mg Tablets
- Prolonged painful erections
- Sudden decrease or loss of hearing
- Ringing in ears
- Swelling of the face, throat, tongue, lips, eyes, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing
It should be noted here that Vardenafil is an FDA-approved safe medication, that has already been used by numerous patients across the world, and these probable severe side effects may happen in very rare cases. Hence, it is better to have constant guidance from a doctor.
Drugs to Avoid when taking Vardenafil 40mg Tablets
- Medicines having Nitrates
- Calcium channel blockers
- Certain pulmonary hypertension drugs, such as riociguat (Adempas)
- Protease inhibitors, a class of HIV medications
- Antifungal drugs, such as ketoconazole and itraconazole (Onmel, Sporanox)
- Antibacterial drugs, such as clarithromycin (Biaxin)
Other Dosage Strengths Available for Vardenafil
Precautionary Measures for Using Vardenafil 40 mg Tablets
- Do not miss the dosage prescribed by the doctor.
- Being an extremely strong medication, it is best not to take more than the prescribed daily dosage intake.
- On missing a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, it is better to skip the missed dose and get back to the routine.
- Always check the expiry date.
- Once you had this pill it is advised to avoid driving for some time as you may feel sleepy.
- Keep these tablets away from pets and children.