Erectile Dysfunction (ED) Pills Online
Erectile dysfunction is a very common medical problem affecting roughly about 15% of men globally each year. It is estimated that in 1995 there were over 152 million men across the world, who suffered some kind of ED problems. The projections for 2025 for the same stands somewhere around 322 million, with an increase of nearly 170 million men. The largest projected increases were in the developing world, i.e. among Africa, Asia and South America.
What is Erectile Dysfunction or ED?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the inability to get and maintain an erection that’s firm enough for a successful sexual intercourse and experience optimum pleasure during the act; due to decreased blood flow in the penile area. The common symptoms of ED are like:
- Difficulty in getting an erection
- Difficulty in maintaining an erection or there is an early ejaculation
- Reduced interest in sexual activities
- Lowered self-esteem
ED is both a physiological as well as psychological phenomenon, and interestingly it might also be a warning sign of more serious underlying medical conditions like some cardiovascular disease. Hence an earliest possible diagnosis is strictly recommended in case anyone is suffering form such symptoms.
What are the Different Ways of treating Erectile Dysfunction?
Medical science has come up with multiple ways to combat erectile dysfunction in men, taking certain pills is definitely one of the easiest ways of them all. Let us check the different ways of curing ED:
- Taking ED pills or pharmaceutical drugs from the category of Phosphodiesterase inhibitors (PDE inhibitors); which are a class of agents acting on phosphodiesterase enzymes. This is often regarded as th eforst line of defense against ED problems by authorised doctors.
- Often termed as a penile pump, Vacuum Erection Device (VED), is known to manually pull blood towards the penile area, maintaining the erection for about 30 minutes.
- Testosterone replacement can help in normalizing the hormone levels in men that might be a reason behind their ED issues.
- Intraurethral therapy involving an insertion of a small drug pellet into the tip of the penis, creating an erection that lasts anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes.
- Penile injections involve a medicine that improves penile blood flow much better than the oral alternatives.
- A penile implant involves a 30- to 45-minute surgical procedure, which enables one to reliably control exactly when and how long an erection lasts.
What are ED pills?
As the name suggests, Erectile dysfunction pills or ED pills are nothing but some pharmaceutical drugs falling under the category of phosphodiesterases inhibitors, especially type 5 (PDE5); or even selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), that are responsible for treating the symptoms of improper penile erection or early ejaculation, and so on. The major medications under this class are as follows:
How ED pills help in curing ED problems & How do they work?
ED pills or medicines are primarily composed of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitors, that are similar in structure to cGMP. They competitively bind to PDE5 and inhibit cGMP hydrolysis, thus enhancing the effects of nitric oxide. This increase in cGMP in the smooth muscle cells is responsible for prolonging an erection.
However, PDE5 inhibitors do not offer any direct effect on corpus cavernosum smooth-muscle relaxation. Hence, after administration, adequate sexual stimulation is necessary for an erection to happen.
What is an ideal Dosage for ED pills?
ED pills are commonly found in the powers of are commonly found in 50 mg, 100 mg and 200 mg, while the usual daily intake for each individual is till 100 mg. However, the ideal dosage can only be determined by a doctor or a medical practitioner and that too only after considering the current and past medical records of the patient.
A thorough medical diagnosis is strictly advised for all before finalizing any of the salts or medicines for a proper and safe treatment of erectile dysfunction.
How long it takes to come into effect?
On an average, the ED pills are consumed 30 to 60 minutes prior the sexual act.
Some Common ED pills available in the market
- Sildenafil- Kamagra
- Sildenafil Citrate- Viagra
- Vardenafil- Levitra, Staxyn
- Tadalafil- Cialis
- Avanafil- Stendra
- Dapoxetine- Priligy
How long the results of ED pills last?
- Sildenafil- 15-18 hours
- Sildenafil Citrate- 5-6 hours
- Avanafil- 6-7 hours
- Tadalafil- 36 hours
- Vardenafil- 5 hours
Common Side effects of taking ED pills
- Flushing or reddening of face
- Visual changes, such as blue tinge to vision, sensitivity to light or blurred vision
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Back pain
- Hearing loss or vision loss
- Prolonged painful erections
Points to Remember prior ED Pills consumption
- Avoid alcohol consumption with ED pills
- Certain medication like those with nitrates, alpha-blocker medications and antihypertensive medications should be avoided while consuming ED medicines.
Is it okay to take ED pills without doctor consultation?
It is always advisable to refer an authorised medical practitioner before consuming any of the ED pills available in the market, no matter how successful they are; as different patients might react to different APIs in different manners.