Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is one sexual problem that devours the lives of millions of couples across the world. Only a minuscule section of them rolls up their sleeves to get a thorough diagnosis and the right kind of treatment for ED. Talking about ED medicines, there are numerous medications like Vardenafil that doctors prescribe for men aged between 18 to 65 years.
Important Highlights of Vardenafil
- Vardenafil happens to be a popular selective phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE5 inhibitor) i,e vasodilatation pharmaceutical drug.
- This medication is primarily associated with the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED) or impotence in men. However, it might also be effective in preventing premature ejaculation (PE), where it may considerably increase the time of ejaculation from the time of penetration.
- Vardenafil also does not have an effect on PDE6, which means that it does not have any adverse effects on vision.
How long does Vardenafil last? : How long does Levitra last?
Vardenafil is a highly selective PDE-5 inhibitor with a long half-life of about four to five hours. The drug might take about hardly 30 to 60 minutes to come into action.
The penile erection projected by this medication might last around five hours but might extend to eight hours for some. The duration of the results of this medication depends on the following conditions:
- Dose strength or power
- Kind of dose (as needed versus daily)
- Patient’s age
- Liver and kidney functioning of the patient
- Other medications that the patient might be taking
- Patient’s health condition
- Patient’s lifestyle and diet
How should Vardenafil doses be taken for the best results?
In case a patient is taking generic Vardenafil tablets or any of its branded tablets like Levitra, Staxyn, etc, in order to get a desired erection, the medication needs to be taken about 30 minutes prior to the sexual act.
When a patient is having Vardenafil to address symptoms of erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation, it is better that he maintains a fixed time for each day. This becomes helpful in maintaining a fixed or steady level of Vardenafil in the body.
What are the factors that help Vardenafil results last longer?
- A healthy and balanced diet
- Enough daily exercises
- Zero alcohol
- No Smoking
- No substance abuse
- Reduced mental stress
Dosage variations available for Vardenafil:
Vardenafil tablets are found in different dosage variations, which are:
What are the drugs to avoid while taking Vardenafil?
There are certain medications that, when taken with Vardenafil might react and slow down the results of Vardenafil, or even produce adverse effects on the patient. Hence it is important that patients share everything about their current and past medical history.
This way, the doctor could decide whether Vardenafil would be suitable to prescribe so that it doe not get into adverse reactions with the current medications. Or he may also suggest drugs to avoid with Vardenafil and prescribe some alternative medicines as well.
Non-medicinal items to avoid with Vardenafil
Apart from the above-mentioned medications, a patient should also avoid high-fat content foods and grapefruit juice. Fat-rich foods slow down the mechanism of Vardenafil. Grapefruit juice can increase the levels of the medication in the blood, causing increased side effects.