Taking How much Sildenafil is Too much? Explained
What is Erectile Dysfunction or ED?
Erectile dysfunction or impotence in men is a medical condition, where men are not able to attain or sustain a penile erection, which is strong enough or long-lasting enough to have proper intercourse and optimum sexual pleasure.
What is Sildenafil Citrate?
Sildenafil Citrate or Sildenafil, as it is popularly called; is quite a popular selective phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE5 inhibitor) i,e vasodilatation pharmaceutical drug.
What are the uses of Sildenafil?
- Sildenafil treats erectile dysfunction or ED symptoms by increasing blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation.
- Sildenafil treats PAH by relaxing the blood vessels in the lungs to allow seamless blood flow.
How much Sildenafil is too much? How much Sildenafil should I take?
The recommended initial dose of Sildenafil for ED symptoms in men is about 5 mg or 20 mg. It can be taken about 30 to 60 minutes before the sexual act.
Sildenafil tablets for pulmonary hypertension come in 10 mg and 20 mg strengths.
Based upon its effectiveness and tolerability, the dose can be increased or decreased; but as per a doctor’s guidance.
Sildenafil tablets for ED can be taken orally three times a day, about 4 to 6 hours apart.
Having said that, every patient is a unique case. Hence be it for ED or pulmonary hypertension, things like the dosage power, dosage forms, daily dosage frequency, etc should be determined only by an authorized healthcare expert. So, if you want to know how much sildenafil can you take, only refer to a doctor and not a layman.
You may click here to know in detail how to take Sildenafil and how often.
How long does Sildenafil take to come into effect for an erection function?
Sildenafil is quite an advantageous medication. This medication can be consumed some 30 to 60 minutes before the sexual act to have a desirable penial erection.
How long does the result of Sildenafil for ED last?
- Sildenafil is quite a popular choice for getting a penial erection. It is capable of demonstrating its results for up to four hours.
- For some, this might go for up to five hours or even longer depending on the dose and their respective metabolism.
- One may be able to get several erections with sildenafil, based on how quickly his body metabolizes Sildenafil.
- However, it is not likely to go anywhere around 10 hours.
- It is possible for Sildenafil to not work again immediately after ejaculation is reached.
In general, it is hard to expect another erection right after ejaculation is reached. This is due to the refractory period, during which the body is unable to prepare itself for another erection. While it may last only a few minutes in some, but can last as long as a few hours or even days for some patients.
Side effects of Sildenafil overdose
Side effects of Sildenafil misuse or overuse are usually placebo respiratory tract infection, back pain, flu syndrome, and arthralgia.
In fixed-dose studies, dyspepsia (17%) and abnormal vision (11%) are more common at 100 mg than at lower doses.