Everything about How to take Sildenafil Tablets & How Often you should take it?
What is Sildenafil Citrate?
Sildenafil Citrate or Sildenafil, as it is popularly called; is quite a popular selective phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (PDE5 inhibitor) i,e vasodilatation pharmaceutical drug.
What are the uses of Sildenafil?
It is associated with the treatments of Erectile Dysfunction (ED) or impotency in men, NYHA Functional Class II-III Pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), and Premature Ejaculation (PE).
How does Sildenafil work?
It acts by inhibiting cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5). In the simplest of terms, it opens up the blood vessels and allows smoother blood circulation.
How to take Sildenafil?
Being a vasodilatation pharmaceutical drug, Sildenafil is quite a strong medication that calls for much alertness while using. Let us understand in detail how to take Sildenafil.
(A) Instructions regarding Dosage Forms
1. How to take Sildenafil Tablets
You should always swallow the tablets as a whole, with a glass of water or juice except grapefruit juice, and never break or chew them.
Note: For erectile dysfunction, it’s best to take sildenafil on an empty stomach. It may take longer to work if you take it with food.
2. How to use Sildenafil liquid
If you or your child are taking sildenafil as a liquid, 1ml is usually the same as taking a 10 mg tablet, but it’s important to always check the medicine label.
(B) Instructions regarding Dosage Strengths/ Power
1. Right Dosage strength of Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction
Sildenafil tablets for erectile dysfunction come in different strengths or power ranging from 25 mg to 100 mg. The usual dose power is 50 mg when you need it. The dose power can be increased to 100 mg or decreased to 25 mg depending on its effect.
2. Right Dosage strength of Sildenafil for pulmonary hypertension
Sildenafil tablets for pulmonary hypertension come in 10 mg and 20 mg strengths.
How often can you take Sildenafil?
- When you are taking Sildenafil for treating ED symptoms, do not take it more than once a day. Take sildenafil up to 4 hours before you want to have sex. For sildenafil to work properly, you’ll need to be sexually excited.
- In case you are taking Sildenafil for pulmonary hypertension, the usual adult dose is 20mg taken three times a day. Doses for children can range from 10mg to 20mg taken three times a day, depending on their weight. Do not feed it more than three times a day.
However, every patient should first go through a proper diagnosis before starting this medication. Things like choosing the dosage form and power/strengths, how often can you take Sildenafil, and ways of usage should be exactly as per the doctor’s recommendations.
Sildenafil Interactions with other drugs: Which drugs to avoid?
The pharmaceutical drugs that one needs to avoid while taking Sildenafil, in order to avoid severe interactions and side effects are as follows:
- Medications based on nitrates, such as isosorbide mononitrate (Monoket) and nitroglycerin (Nitrostat)
- Blood pressure or prostate drugs, such as calcium channel blockers, or alpha-blockers,
- Certain pulmonary hypertension drugs, such as riociguat (Adempas)
- Protease inhibitors, a class of HIV medications
- Antifungal drugs, such as ketoconazole and itraconazole (Onmel, Sporanox)
- Antibacterial drugs, such as clarithromycin (Biaxin)
- Cardioselective beta blockers
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid analogs
- Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid
- Miscellaneous analgesics
- Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Other PDE5 inhibitors
- Selective Serotonin and Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SSNRIs)
- Vitamins- B12, C and D
What if a Sildenafil dose is missed?
In case you are taking Sildenafil for pulmonary hypertension and forget to take a dose, you may take it as soon as you remember unless it’s nearly time for your next dose.
But in case it is already time for the next dose, you should just leave out the missed dose and take your next dose at the usual time.
You should never take two doses in a single go or take an extra dose to make up for the forgotten dosage.
Sildenafil Interaction with Alcohol
Effects of PDE5 inhibitors like Sildenafil might get adversely affected by alcohol. know how alcohol affects a man sexually.
Sildenafil Interaction with Food
Heavy meals or high-fat-content meals should be avoided taking with Sildenafil; as it might slow down the effects of this medication. Know about the foods that interact adversely with one’s ED medications like Sildenafil, and hence, should be avoided.
When to consult a doctor?
One should always consult an authorized doctor or medical practitioner before consuming this medication, as it may react differently for different people. Also, it might inflict different side effects on some, hence they should go for an immediate consultation to deal with the issues in the most appropriate way.
You may also read:
FAQs about the Usage of Sildenafil Citrate Tablets
Is it safe to take Sildenafil long term?
Many people across the world, have already received treatment associated with Sildenafil, and have got positive results. However, an authorized medical practitioner should be consulted before consuming such medications.
May I take more than 20 mg of Sildenafil in a single day?
Different individuals’ bodies react to different pharmaceutical drugs in many unique manners. Hence it is very important to take a diagnosis in order to understand one’s capacity and suitability for any medication.
What is the Recommended Dosage of Sildenafil for ED symptoms?
The recommended initial dose of Sildenafil to cure ED symptoms in men, is 5 or 20 mg orally three times a day, about 4 to 6 hours apart. It can be taken about 30 to 60 minutes before the sexual act. Based upon its effectiveness and tolerability, the dose can be increased or decreased; but as per a doctor’s guidance.
Does Sildenafil offer a strong penile erection?
Sildenafil is known to offer quite a really penile erection for successful intercourse and optimum sexual pleasure.
May I get Sildenafil as OTC medicine?
No, Sildenafil is a prescribed drug.
How long will its results last?
Sildenafil is quite a popular choice for getting a penial erection. It is capable of demonstrating its results for up to 4 hours duration.
Is Sildenafil approved by FDA?
Yes, Sildenafil is an FDA-approved drug to cure erectile dysfunction.
Is Sildenafil available online?
Yes, you may buy this drug online via our website https://www.alldayplus.com/.