8 Home Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction Problems
Erectile dysfunction (ED), as a form of a sexual issue in men, is quite a common medical condition, that also affects the partners of the men in equally adversive way; although not many gather the guts to speak up openly about this. With such a medical condition, men are unable to achieve a desired penile erection and maintain it for sufficient time for a decent intercourse and sufficient sexual pleasure.
Thankfully, medical science has developed efficient drugs to combat such medical consitions in men aged between 18 to 65 years. However, apart from the medications and therapy sessions, one may also go for some home remedies to keep his symptoms of erectile dysfunction under control. Let us go through the probable steps or measures that one may follow at home, barring the medications, in order to fight off the illness.
Yoga postures, involving deep breathing and lower body stretching, can bring considerable improvement in erectile dysfunction. It also helps in suppressing stress and anxiety that contribute to the worsening of such a condition.
#2 Aerobic Exercise for overall fitness
Any traditional or cardiac exercise can be of much help here too. As it is sexual arousal requires good blood flow, an aerobic exercise is a good option. It is very important to keep one’s cardiovascular system in a good state. Maintaining a healthy weight is also a crucial factor in controlling the symptoms of erectile dysfunction; as overweight men have a 50% greater chance of experiencing ED than those who maintain their weight and overall fitness.
#3 Kegel Exercises
Not just women, Kegels can benefit men as well. Regular sessions of Kegel exercises strengthen the pelvic floor and can improve ED as well as sexual performance. The exercises are fairly simple and one may find online tutorials for this or even ask a doctor. The typical regimen is to tighten the muscles at the bottom of the pelvic area, is to hold for 3 seconds and then release; which needs to be ideally repeated for 10-15 times, 3 times a day for tip-top sexual fitness.
#4 Sensate Focus Exercises
When the symptoms of erectile dysfunction are due to some psychological reasons, it is often seen that men respond better to the techniques that involve experiences centered around sensation rather than performance. Sensate focus exercises involve a slow build-up over several sessions to help one learn more about one’s own body and of his partner’s as well. It is great for reducing anxiety. A doctor or a therapist will be able to provide guidance about how to properly practice sensate focus exercises.
#5 Some specific easy to avail foods
There are many natural and herbal food items that are known to bring improvement in men having symptoms of erectile dysfunction, although some of them might have considerably less effect while few of them may even have severe side effects. Some of such popular effective food items are:
- Ginseng is one of the best natural options when it comes to treating symptoms of erectily dysfunction. Ginseng tea is very easily available these days which one may avail via both online and physical stores.
- Fenugreek is known for its anti-inflamatory and libido boosting properties, and is of great help incurring ED symptoms.
- Pistachio nuts Pistachio nuts lower the risk of heart disorders and also lower blood pressure. Since these two are among the major causes related to erectile dysfunction, you should have 5 pistachios every day to improve erectile dysfunction.
- Dark chocolates are a rich source of flavanols, that help in increasing the blood flow and reduce blood pressure. It also increases the production of nitric oxide that enables a man to achieve successful erections.
- Oats is an aphrodisiac, and excellent food choice when it comes to dealing with reproductive health issues.
- Tomatoes to boost one’s penile health as they contain lycopene that is beneficial in increasing fertility and hence lower the symptoms of erectile dysfunction. It works great on a lowered sperm count.
- Avocados Avocados are enriched with healthy fats, vitamins, and potassium that help in boosting one’s libido.
- Avocados also contain zinc and vitamin E that increases testosterone levels and improves sperm quality. Thus, it is an amazing remedy to get rid of the problem of erectile dysfunction.
- Pomegranate juice is known for being loaded with nutrients. It can also help arteries expand and remain supple, although there is no real proof establishing its connection to erectile dysfunction.
- Drumstick has certain aphrodisiac properties that are effective for treating problems like premature ejaculation and thin semen problem. Heat a glass of milk with drumstick flower until it boils, cools down the mixture and drinks this remedy for one or two months continuously for a better result. This can be had as a vegetable or used in a soup too.
- Watermelon is natural Viagra; it has citrulline content that helps to relax blood vessels and promote the flow of blood to the penis.
- Garlic and onions are also of good help in improving penile health.
It should be noted here that none of them is approved by the US FDA, as apt medications for preventing, treating, or improving erectile dysfunction in men.
#6 Cutting Alcohol Consumption
Alcohol can slow down the central nervous system and even one’s sexual reflexes. Higher the alchohol consumption, the lesser will be one’s interest or drive to feel, respond and perform at the best. Further, heavy alcohol consumption, over the time, can damage the liver which leads to increased estrogen production in men.
#7 Quitting Smoking
Smoking is bad for one’s heart health and contributes to vascular disease, ultimately affecting blood flow to important areas like the genitals. To get maximum blood flow in all the right places, one needs to quit smoking tobacco at any cost, no matter how luxurious the brand is.
#8 Take help from a partner
One of the best natural sex tips for dealing with erectile dysfunction is to talk the heart out to the partner. An honest and candid conversation with one’s partner can relieve much anxiety and create a conducive condition to try out various treatments.