About the drug
Vega 100 mg Tablet can be used to treat the erectile disorder (impotence) in men. It increases blood flow to the penis. This allows men to erect. It is part of a group known as PDE 5 inhibitors (phosphodiesterase type 5).
Vega 100 can be taken with or without food. You should only take it as directed by your doctor. It is best to wait at least one hour before you start sex. It takes about an hour to get sex. However, the time required varies from one person to another. If you have been sexually stimulated, this medicine will not help you get an erection.
This medicine is not for women. Men should consult a doctor before using any other medications to treat impotence. It is possible to have dangerous side effects if you take this medicine with nitrates, which are often prescribed for angina or chest pain. If you have a history of heart disease, liver problems, a stroke or heart attack in the past, or low blood pressure, you should not take this medication.
Uses of Vega 100 mg
It is used to treat Erectile Dysfunction also known as Impotence.
Key benefit of using this tablet
PDE5 inhibitors are a class of medicines that are included in Vega 100. It relaxes the blood vessels in your penis. When sexually stimulated, blood can flow to the penis to produce an erection. If you are sexually stimulated, this medicine will not help with erection. This medicine is extremely effective, but it should be taken at least 30 min before you engage in sexual activity.
If you take nitrates, which are often prescribed for chest pain, do not take this medication.
Side Effects of Vega 100
Vega 100 mg tablet is a well-known and FDA-approved medicine however depending on the individual health condition you might observe below side effects in certain cases.
- Blurred vision
- Muscle pain
- Get up stomach
How to consume Vega 100
- Your doctor will direct you to take this medication at the correct dose and for the prescribed duration.
- As a whole, swallow it. It should not be broken, chewed, or crushed.
- You can take this medicine with or without food. However, it is best to take it at a set time.
Action mechanism of this drug
Vega 100 mg Tablet acts as a phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor (PDE-5) and it relaxes the blood vessels of your penis and increases blood flow to the penis during sexual stimulation. This allows you to maintain an erect, strong penis that is suitable for sexual activity.
Safety precautions to consider while consuming Vega 100
- Alcohol: Consuming alcohol with Vega 100 mg Tablets is dangerous.
- Breastfeeding: Women should not take this drug
- Driving: This drug can decrease alertness, reduce vision, or cause dizziness. If you experience these symptoms, do not drive.
- Kidney: This medication can be used safely in patients with kidney issues. However, it is advised to inform your doctor regarding your health issue so there can be chances to reduce the dosage.
- Liver: Patients with severe liver disease should not take Vega 100mg Tablet. You may need to adjust the dose of Vega 100mg tablet. Inform your doctor.
If you missed the regular dosage of Vega 100, take it immediately. But if the dosage time is near the next dose, skip the missed dose and take the tablet as per the regular schedule. Do not take the pill twice a day.
Quick tips for taking Vega 100
- It is recommended to do it at least an hour prior to having a sexual encounter. However, you can take it any time between 30 minutes and 4 hours prior to sexual activity.
- Do not exceed one time per day.
- Consult a doctor If the erection continues to linger for longer than 4 hours following sexual contact.
- Don’t use Vega 100 mg Tablet if you have recently used Nitrates (medicines for angina and the chest).
- Do not use this medication if you’ve had an attack on your heart within the last three months, or a stroke or heart failure within the last 6 months.
Drug interaction with Vega 100
Utilizing Vega together with any of these medications could alter the effects of any of them and may cause undesirable adverse side consequences
- Isosorbide Dinitrate
- Isosorbide Mononitrate